- Focus On
- Meeting Point
IBS3 Travelling Exhibition - Preparations
We are very happy to finally announce the next phase of our 3rd International Block Swap - the preparation of the IBS3 Travelling Exhibition.
18/19. March 2017: Baltimore Heritage Quilters' Exhibition, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 - 7 May 2017: Nadelwelt Karlsruhe, Germany
9 - 11 June, 2017: Patchwork Festival "Fira y Festa de les Labors", Girona, Verges, Spain
10 September, 2017: Patchwork Exhibition Erding (near Munich), Germany
Autumn 2017: Purgstall, Austria
If you would like to be part of the IBS3 Travelling Exhibition, please read the following information carefully, ask us questions if anything remains unclear and then fill in the registration form enclosed in the download area below.
Rules for Participation
- Your quilt must arrive here in our Munich office no later than 28 February 2017 unless otherwise agreed. Should your quilt arrive later than this date, we cannot guarantee that it can be included in the IBS3 exhibition catalogue.
- Please include the registration form attached in the download area below. You help us immeasurably if you print the information clearly and in a easily legible way. The form has two pages - please read, fill in and sign both pages!
- Your quilt must contain ALL NINE BLOCKS belonging to your IBS3 team. You can of course add other blocks. Please understand that we cannot accept work that does not comply with this rule.
- Your quilt must have a tunnel of about 10 cm width along the upper edge.
- If you want to submit a three-dimensional work, please contact us in advance.
- A label needs to be attached on the back with the name of the quilt, your name and address.
- Your quilt must be in perfect condition. Please understand that we cannot accept work that is in any way stained, soiled or damaged.
- As we are invited to all these venues, we do not have any influence on the space we will be assigned. Depending on the number of IBS3 quilts submitted, we might not be able to show all quilts at all venues. The decision which quilt will be shown where lies with the Quilt around the World team. Your work will be shown at at least one of the venues above.
- We will keep your quilts laid out flat and protected from light and dust. They are folded only for transport to the venues and for returning them to you.
The registration fee is 30 Euros.
Please pay the registration fee by buying the appropriate product in our webshop:
Why there is a fee: As you can imagine, a significant organizational effort is necessary to organize an International Travelling Exhibition. We are happily dedicating our time and our nerves to this project and are looking forward very much to seeing the IBS3 quilts in all their glory. However, costs for transport, travel and potentially also for mounting the quilts will be incurred. Our small team covers most of these expenses privately and moreover contributes lots of spare time. With your registration fee, you actively support our project. And last, but not least, the fee covers postage and packing for a safe return of your quilt.
Moreover, you’ll receive a little thank you for your participation at the end of the travelling exhibition…
Should your quilt not be fit to be shown (see above about all nine team blocks to be included and about soiled and damaged quilts), we will return your quilt without refunding the registration fee.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us email@example.com.
We are looking forward to an exciting IBS3 Travelling Exhibition!